It’s hard to believe the recruitment season for 2012 is almost over and we are gearing towards 2013 already! We have had another successful year at the Rotman School, we have a brilliant group of students coming in September and they are all very excited to be the first students in our new building. (For visuals, please check our RotmanMBA Admissions Facebook page if you haven’t already!)
For those who are considering an MBA, we have some great news because the Spring Fairs have already started. You can see us in Dubai, India and China. To sign up for these fairs, you can visit QS World MBA Tour and The MBA Tour.
One great opportunity these fairs offer is that you will see a wealth of business schools and MBA programs delivered in different formats. You can speak with the school representatives and learn the advantages of each program. Having access to a great pool of business schools and their admissions team and alumni is significant in terms of finding the right fit.
What to do before you fit the fair floor:
Do a self-assessment! Some of the questions you can ask yourself:
- How long have you been working in your industry?
- Are you satisfied with your job? Is it time to try something new?
- Why do you want to do this education? Are you a career-changer? Or do you need this formal business education to get that promotion you have been waiting for?
- Are you ready to study abroad? How will having some North American exposure impact your overall employability?
- Which country sounds more appealing to you? What does life post-MBA look like? It’s a big investment, will you have enough opportunities to gain more work experience in that country, will paperwork be a hassle?
- How important is it to have a summer internship?
Once you answer these questions, you will most likely have short-listed your choices. This will alone save you a lot of time and enable you to maximize your fair experience. Not to mention, admissions people always like it when they speak with candidates who have done some research.
Another thing you can do during the fair season is to book one-on-one appointments with the admissions officers who work in the business schools you are interested in. This one-on-one chat opportunity goes a long way; you will establish relationships and have a contact person at the school.
To take advantages of all these great opportunities, all you need to do is to sign up for the fair in your city. We are looking forward to meeting with you in person!