16th Annual Conference of the JD/MBA Students’ Association!
Registration is now open for the 16th annual conference of the Osgoode-Schulich JD/MBA Students’ Association, and all MBA, JD, and JD/MBA students are invited to attend. Each year this conference focuses on an interdisciplinary theme touching on business, law, and public policy. This year’s focus is “Industrious Elements: At the Intersection of Law, Business, and Mining,” and will be held on Friday, February 8, 2013 at the Courtyard Marriott from 8:15am to 2:00pm. Tickets cost only $20 per student, which includes meals. The 2013 conference’s keynote speaker will be Ian Delaney, Chairman of Sherritt International. The 2013 event will appeal to and inform a wide range of legal and business interests. This year’s panel discussion topics include corporate finance, environmental assessment, mining legal practice, Aboriginal issues, international issues, and sustainable development.
Don’t forget the details
Date and Time: Friday, February 8, 2013; 8:15am – 2:00pm
Venue: Courtyard Marriott, 475 Yonge Street, Toronto (near Yonge/College)
Cost: $20 per student, which covers meals
Registration: Friday, February 1st via www.jdmbaconference.com
Get Directions: Courtyard Marriot
The conference agenda is packed with more than 30 high-profile speakers drawn from leading law firms, financial institutions, industry, consulting, academia, and government. The list of speakers include:
– Trent Mell, Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs, AuRico Gold
– Carlos Espinosa, Head, Business Development, Toronto Stock Exchange
– Jim McArdle, Senior Vice-President, Legal Services & Secretary, Export Development Canada
– Egizio Bianchini, Vice-Chair & Global Co-Head, Global Metals & Mining, BMO Capital Markets
– Richard Ross, Executive-In-Residence, Schulich School of Business
– David Clarry, Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility, Hudbay Minerals
– Jay Kellerman, Managing Partner, Stikeman Elliott LLP
– Nick Ransley, Managing Director, Americas, Cutfield Freeman & Co. Ltd.
Tickets are just $20 for students, and include breakfast, refreshment breaks, and lunch. Ticket sales and registration are available at www.jdmbaconference.com under the “Registration” section. Students in JD, MBA, or JD/MBA programs are strongly encouraged to attend this year’s event. Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also RSVP to the conference Facebook event and invite your friends.