The GBC is now inviting applications for Manager and Chief Returning Officer (CRO) positions for 2014-2015.
We are looking to fill the following roles:
- Orientation Camp Manager: plans and runs an annual Orientation Camp for 2YR and 3YR students.
- Outreach Manager: works with the VP External to facilitate fundraising and volunteering opportunities for all students and where applicable, all members of the Rotman Community.
- MBA Games Manager: coordinates the Rotman team for participation in the annual MBA Games competition.
- Communications Manager: communicates with the student body on behalf of the GBC and provides a vehicle for students and clubs to communicate with the Rotman community.
- IT Manager: supports the GBC in the area of information technology and seeks to enhance the student experience at Rotman through the use of technology.
- Yearbook Manager: acts as Editor-in-Chief of the Rotman MBA program yearbook, with the mandate of capturing the history of the Rotman community.
- Competitions Manager: promotes internal and external competitions at Rotman and acts as a liaison between competition organizers, the GBC and the Program Services Office.
- Buddy Manager: works with the VP Internal to pair incoming and current students at Rotman in order to foster long-lasting, supportive relationships between them, and to plan a series of initiatives to support this program.
- Sponsorship Manager: works with the VP External and the VP Finance to assist in the coordination of GBC sponsorship activities and to act as the primary contact for GBC sponsors as required.
- Chief Returning Officer: coordinates all GBC elections and by-elections, and oversees all club elections.
Here is a detailed description of each Manager’s duties AND we encourage you to speak with our outgoing GBC Managers and CRO to learn more about the roles.
Being a Manager is a fantastic way to get involved and help enrich the experience of your fellow students! And note that it *is* possible to be both a GBC Manager and a club executive.
We are also looking to recruit the next Chief Returning Officer, who will be responsible for running all the GBC elections. Per the constitution, the CRO will receive a stipend of $500 for his/her work for the GBC during the time period of April 2014 to April 2015.
If you’re interested in applying for any of the above roles, please send an email to GBC@rotman.utoronto.ca with your resume and a 250- to 300-word description of why you would like to take on the role and why you are best suited for it. Applications will be accepted until this Wednesday, April 5th at 5:00pm. After that, the selection committee (consisting of the incoming and outgoing VPs that the Manager reports to, the outgoing Manager and the incoming President/Executive VP) will choose a short list of candidates to interview.
Please email GBC@rotman.utoronto.ca if you have any questions regarding the process.
We look forward to seeing your applications!