The Global Prize is coming to Rotman
- Want to get a taste of life as a consultant?
- Want to test your interview skills and apply lessons you’re learning at business school?
- Want to team up with your classmates to address a real-life business case?
- Want to represent your school in a competition against other leading business schools?
A.T. Kearney invites Rotman students from the Class of 2015 and 2016 to be a part of this year’s Global Prize strategy consulting case challenge. For the past sixteen years A.T. Kearney has hosted this prestigious strategy case competition for the world’s top business schools.
Competing in the Global Prize
At Rotman, a maximum of 12 teams, consisting of four team members each, will develop a business strategy for a key client. The top teams will be selected based on their response to the case challenge. These teams will compete in a local final to be held at A.T. Kearney’s Toronto office on November 1, 2013. The winning team from Rotman will compete in the North American final to be held in Chicago on Saturday November 16th 2013. The winner will compete on November 22nd against the European winner for the 2013 Global Prize.
- The winning team from each School receives $2,000
- The North American winner receives $5,000
- The winning team from each School enjoys an all-expenses paid trip to Chicago to meet fellow MBAs from other top business schools and compete in the North American final
- You meet A.T. Kearney consultants, learn about consulting and get a chance to demonstrate your consulting skills
How to Register
There will be a kick off presentation on October 4th. Sign-up will be conducted through an online registration site from September 23rd – 26th. Eligible students must be in the first year of the 2YR program or the second year of the 3YR program only.
Applications and registrations will open at 8 AM on September 23rd and close after 5 PM on September 26th.
1. Prepare an application package in one document (preferably a PDF) that includes:
- The resumes of each of the 4 team members
- A short essay (one page and less than 500 words) describing why your team wants to participate in the Global Prize Competition and how the composition of your team will help you achieve that.
2. Email the application package to GBCCompetitions@rotman.utoronto.ca
3. Register your team by selecting the registration link here.
4. Teams will be informed of their selection status by Monday October 1st.
Who’s participating in 2013
Europe: Rotterdam School of Management, INSEAD, Cranfield School of Management, HEC, Cambridge Judge Business School, Oxford Saïd Business School, London Business School and SDA Bocconi.
North America: Kellogg School of Management, Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon, Columbia University, University of Chicago GSB, Ross School of Business at University of Michigan, and Rotman School of Management at University of Toronto.
For further details on The Global Prize, please contact GBCCompetitions@rotman.utoronto.ca
NOTE: The winner of the local final competition will be unavailable to compete in the McKinsey finals on Saturday, November 16th since they will be competing in Chicago.
NOTE: Accommodations will be made for Evening and Morning participants, but if you advance to the final, expect to book off half a day for the local competition on November 1st.