The Rotman Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital Association (REVCA) is calling for applicants to the annual Rotman Business Plan Competition!
Many individuals have great ideas, but few are able to execute on them. If you’re looking for an opportunity to let out your entrepreneurial spirit and pursue your business dream, look no further, the REVCA Business Plan Competition is your ticket to success. Full competition details available at: https://inside.rotman.utoronto.ca/revca/competitions/#biz
Teams of 5 must send theirs bios and a brief explanation of their idea to REVCA@rotman.utoronto.ca by September 25th @ midnight. Ideas may be related to any industry/ market (they do NOT have to be technology related). Ideas submitted for Sept. 25th deadline can (and in fact should) be changed/ modified before the Oct. 20th deadline! Iteration is a natural process.
The winning team will receive:
1) FREE Law consultation from Bay St. law firm: Aird & Berlis LLP; valued at several $K ! Use this Link for website.
2) The winning team of the Business Plan Competition will have their application automatically bypassed beyond the first round of Venture Lab application screening. The application will be placed in the hands of the Venture Lab G7 for a chance to enter the Venture Lab.
- Teams are limited to 5 members – each team is required to have at least one Rotman MBA student
- Non-Rotman team members can come from any background or environment
- Only 10 teams will advance to the judging rounds from the Executive Summary Stage
- 2 Sections of the Business Plan: Qualitative – 10 Pages + Quantitative 5 Pages
- Text (typed, double-spaced, minimum 12 pitch font, and 1” margins on all sides)
- September 25th – Groups for business plan must be finalized and brief explanation of idea submitted
- September 26th – One hour Business Plan 101 crash course, presented by Rotman entrepreneurship professor, Becky Reuber
- October 1st – Executive Summaries Due (top 10 teams will go on to compete)
- October 12th – 1 to 2 hour sessions “pre critique” with the Business Design Club (top 10 teams)
- October 17th – Final business plan due by midnight via email to REVCA@rotman.utoronto.ca
- October 20th – Business Plan Competition (finalists will present to VC’s in front of fellow competition participants)
Contents of the Written Business Plan: please refer to this link. An email will also be sent out to all registered teams.
- FREE for REVCA members
- $5 for non-REVCA participants
Questions? Email: REVCA@rotman.utoronto.ca
Not a member yet? Sign up before Sept. 20th: here