When: Sep 21-25 (Click here to check your timeslot)
Where: 3rd Floor Staircase, North Building (opposite the Dean’s Office)
As you are aware, we have a pretty packed schedule on all days, so here are 10 helpful tips to ensure you get a great headshot in no time!
1. The standard business look for men is a suit jacket, dress shirt and tie. For women, it would be a formal dress or formal skirt and any shirt/top in combination, with a blazer. Since the headshot would only be from the waist up, check your suit/dress, tie alignment, and hair before you arrive.
2. Try to look as close to what you would like to look in an interview. Remember, this is primarily for your LinkedIn profile.
3. Empty the inner pockets of your suit before the headshot.
4. Ensure that your shirt is tucked in (even if you are wearing jeans, chinos or shorts below).
5. Keep extra facial tissues or handkerchiefs handy (maybe a hair brush or comb too).
6. Decide on a stance/pose for your headshot beforehand. Most people get confused about what to do with their hands. Here are a few pose options, but you are free to try anything else you like.
7. Make sure your blazer and shirt fit you well. A poor fitting jacket or shirt will be obvious in the photos (especially around the neck).
8. Avoid busy patterns, big prints, and large lines/stripes.
9. Wear something that makes you feel good. Remember, the picture is more about your face than your clothes.
10. Keep jewellery extremely simple – small is better.