You can now sign up for “Tech Ed 101: Learn to Code – Web Development for MBA Students.”
This is a 4-session event that really seeks to teach the basics of programming. BTG has been working with one of the leading Development Bootcamps in Toronto and you get hands-on training as a result!! Since we’re business students, the curriculum has been fine-tuned to be relevant to you!
This is a paid-event and will cost $250 per student (this covers all four sessions).
Sessions 1 & 2:
• How the web works
• Typical development lifecycle
• Agile scrum / sprint / staging / production release cycles
• Roles and concerns in a modern tech workplace
• Collaboration tools, Git and managing code bases
• A day in the life of a developer / product manager / designer
Sessions 3 & 4:
• How to create a basic website
• Browsers, HTTP, Hosting and Domains, DNS
• How to get accurate pricing / timelines from a dev shop when you aren’t one
• Modern text editors and how to write a simple program
• UI testing Logic testing and q/a, a/b, user testing
• Frameworks, libraries and distribution networks like GitHub
• Saturday, January 30 – Rm 127
• Saturday, February 6 – Rm 1333
• Saturday, February 13 – Rm 133
• Saturday, February 20 – Rm 133
Each session runs from 10:00am to 2:00pm and lunch will be provided. Please note that this is open to ALL Rotman students with registration on a first come first serve basis.