Apply to the second Business Design Sprint with our sponsor, Air Miles for Social Change. Your team will solve a real challenge for our sponsor using the tools of Business Design over the course of 1.5 weeks (Jan. 29th – Feb. 10th, 2014).
How does it work?
See what the last Sprint was like by following the link to our Facebook page here.
What’s in it for me?
- Work on a real innovative challenge for Air Miles for Social Change.
- Practice what you’ve learned in Business Design workshops.
- Empathize, prototype, and strategize over one action packed week.
- Rotman DesignWorks coaches will lend you a hand and give your team a push.
- Warm up for the Rotman Design Challenge with the Sprint and avoid diving in cold.
- Have a real project experience to talk about with employers.
Open to all 2YR and 3YR students. No pre-requisites required but preference will be given to those teams with prior Business Design experience (i.e. Bootcamp). Teams who applied to the first Sprint are encouraged to apply again.
When is it?
It is mandatory that all teams and their members who apply are available for following dates/times:
- Jan. 29, 4:30 – 6:30 pm
Team Work Sessions
- Feb. 7, 3:30 – 6:30 pm
- Feb. 8, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Feb. 9, 10:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Feb. 10, 4:30 – 6:30 pm
Outside of the mandatory sessions there are approx. 3-4 hours of work. Expect to complete the challenge in the time allotted.
How do I apply?
- Assemble your own team of 4 current Rotman MBA students (can be any mix of 2YR and 3YR students).
- Submit a 60 second video that tells us why your team deserves to be in the Business Design Sprint. The video must explain why you deserve a spot in the Sprint, include all 4 team members and helps us get to know each member better.
- Upload the video to youtube.com and send the link to the video to Alpesh Mistry (Alpesh.firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 16th, 5:00pm (NEW DEADLINE).
Teams will be notified of their acceptance on January 20th. A total of 7 teams will be chosen.
Rotman DesignWorks is the Business Design Studio at the Rotman School of Management. Our mission is to teach future business leaders the discipline of innovation through the practice of Business Design, a human-centred innovation methodology. Business Design is used to build breakthrough solutions and create competitive advantage.