GDipPA Fees and Registration

The information provided on this page is specific to the GDipPA program. For general information on fees, including invoices, legal status, health insurance, making payments, tax forms, the Professional Student Loan Program, government assistance, sponsorship of tuition by a third party, additional and service charges, and restrictions and penalties on past due accounts, please see the Finances section of the Registrar’s Office website.

Registration for the GDipPA program is a multi-step process involving program registration, course enrolment and fee payment.  More information about registration and enrolment can be found here.

The tuition fees charged for each session of registration have three components:

  • Program Fee
  • Rotman Ancillary Fees
  • University Incidental Fees

Rotman ancillary fees are charged by the School for services specific to the GDipPA program. University incidental fees are charged by the University for services that are universal to all students: student unions, campus services such as Hart House and the Athletic Centre, and electronic access fees for the cost of internet-based information access.  This fee also includes health coverage and dental plan.  Students with equivalent insurance elsewhere may opt-out of these plans. For details, please visit the Graduate Students’ Union website.

Estimated Program Fees for the GDipPA Program 2020

Canadian Citizens & Permanent ResidentsInternational Students on Student Authorization

University incidental fees amount to approximately $500. This fee will provide you access to U of T services between May and August, and include campus fees and student society fees. Hart House privileges extend to the end of August. The Rotman ancillary fees amount to $158.  This fee will cover Rotman-specific services between the beginning of May and the end of August. Additional details, information and finalized amounts will be updated as available and found on your fees invoice.

The University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) fee will automatically be added to fees invoices for International Students only.

*Please note that the annual program fee, University incidental fees and Rotman ancillary fees are set by the University and are subject to change. The University incidental fees amount noted above for future academic years are subject to approval by the Governing Council’s annual meeting in Spring.

Tuition Fees Invoice

Tuition and non-tuition fees are posted in ACORN, the University of Toronto’s student web service, and your fees invoice in mid-April. You can then view the fees invoice and use for payment of fees. Detailed information about the how to read your invoice can be found here.

GDipPA Legal Status

International students on a study permit may qualify for an international fees exemption if certain criteria are met.  For the most part, the criteria have to do with an international students’ status in Canada (i.e. if a student becomes a permanent resident or has a work permit in addition to the study permit).

The deadline for GDipPA students to request a change in their status is June 30. For more information visit this page.

Health Insurance

Health insurance coverage is mandatory for all graduate students at the Rotman School of Management. The two-part coverage is in the form of a basic provincial health plan (which covers basic health services) AND supplementary health coverage (for some health services that are not covered by the provincial basic health plan).

For students who were enrolled at the University of Toronto the Fall and Winter terms immediately before the GDipPA program, health insurance fees were already assessed and paid for during those terms, and the coverage will continue to August 31st.  Further charges will not be assessed for the Summer term.

While University of Toronto students who are only enrolled for the Summer term are not normally covered by this supplementary insurance plan, students in need of such extended coverage can contact the UTGSU office for consideration, at extra costs. More information can about health insurance can be found here.

Payment Schedule

All students must make arrangements for payment of their fees prior to the start of each academic year. Payment schedules can be found here.

How to Make Payments

Visit here for instructions on the different ways that students can pay their fees.

Financial Arrangements (Fee Deferrals)

There are situations when a student may be eligible to register without paying the MPRA if the student has paid all outstanding fees from previous sessions AND has confirmed sources of funds that exceeds the MPRA, this is referred to as a Fee Deferral. Full instruction on how to request a Fee Deferral can be found here.

Tax Forms

The University of Toronto issues 2 types of tax forms each year. More details can be found here.

Government Assistance

As the GDipPA is a self-funded program it is not eligible for government loan of financial aid. However there are other government programs that you may use:

Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP)

Canadian citizens or permanent residents who have Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs), can use the LLP to finance their own education or that of their spouse/partner.  Amounts withdrawn under the LLP do not count towards income and the RRSP issuer does not withhold taxes on these amounts. Withdrawals must be repaid over a period of no more than 10 years.  For more information, consult the Canada Revenue Agency.

Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)

A RESP is an education savings account that is registered with the Government of Canada for parents who want to save for their child’s post-secondary education. Once the child (the RESP beneficiary) has graduated from high school and enrolled full-time or part-time in a qualifying post-secondary educational program, the Plan holder can request, on his or her behalf, to withdraw money from the RESP to help pay for their studies. Educational Assistance Payments include the interest earned in the RESP as well as any Canada Education Savings Grants, provincial grants and Canada Learning Bonds received. The money can be used to pay for post-secondary school expenses like tuition, books and transportation. For more information, consult the Canada Revenue Agency.

Student Responsibilities

U of T considers the student to be responsible for all aspects of his/her registration and payments, regardless of the source of funds. If someone else is handling fee payment (i.e. parent, spouse, employer, bank loan), it is the student’s responsibility to advise each party of all rules, requirements, and deadlines. More details about your responsibilities regarding your fees can be found here.