Rotman has partnered with Marquee Group to provide customized in-person financial workshops for our students, enhancing their professional training and development beyond the classroom. Workshops are small, interactive sessions that run over the Fall and Winter terms.
These professional development sessions are extremely popular among Rotman masters students and can positively impact both career and academic success. They are scheduled to complement core academic courses, and to ensure that students have the accounting and finance fundamentals required to get the most out of the Financial Modeling Series sessions.
Workshops are technical and focus on areas such as:
- Excel 1: Core Data Analysis
- Building a financial model (of a company)
- Merger Modelling
- Power BI Desktop
- Python 1: Core Data Analysis (for business and finance professionals)
- Valuation 1: DCF (creating a discounted cash flow analysis)
Note: Workshops are open to all Rotman students however some students are exempt from registering due to their academic course schedules. For more details, please see the workshop schedule below.
- Registration fee: $125 + HST (per workshop)
- Click on the Registration link in the table below OR visit the Rotman Event Registration site on the Rotman HUB on the Student Tools tile. Click on “Register”.
- Submit payment online
The Registrar’s Office has a strict no-show policy for all professional development workshops/sessions. All students are expected to manage their registration in accordance with the Rotman Code of Conduct and the following Professional Development Workshop specific stipulations:
- Notice of cancellation must be given within two business days prior to the workshop (e.g. for a Saturday workshop, Wednesday at 12:00 p.m. is the end of the cancellation period).
- Once this window has passed, refunds may not be provided past the cancellation deadline, nor any changes, deferrals or switches to different workshops are possible.
- Notice of cancellation/non-attendance is required in writing to the Registrar’s Office. Students who fail to give notice may be subject to fees and lose future privileges for participation in professional development workshops offered by the RO.
2022–23 Marquee Workshop Schedule
Please note that some students cannot register for certain workshops, as they have scheduled conflicts with some classes.
|Date||Day||Time||Session||Room||Open to:||Event Registration Link|
|October 22, 2022||Saturday||8:30am-5:00pm||Excel 1: Core Data Analysis||L1030||FT, AMPM, MMA, MFRM, GEMBA-HLS||Registration Link
(closed on Wednesday, October 19, 2022 @ 12:00pm)
|October 29, 2022||Saturday||8:30am-5:00pm||Building a Financial Model (Of a Company)||L1010||FT, AMPM, MFin23, MMA, MFRM, GEMBA-HLS||Registration Link (closed on Wednesday, October 26, 2022 @ 12:00pm)|
|November 12, 2022||Saturday||8:30am-5:00pm||Valuation 1: DCF (Creating a Discounted Cash Flow Analysis)||L1025||FT, AMPM, MMA, MFRM, GEMBA-HLS||Registration Link (closed on Wednesday, November 9, 2022 @ 12:00pm)|
|November 19, 2022||Saturday||8:30am-5:00pm||Capital Structure Modeling (Building an LBO Model)||L1025||FT, AMPM, MFin24, MMA, MFRM, GEMBA-HLS||Registration Link (closed on Wednesday, November 16, 2022 @ 12:00pm)|
|January 18, 2023||Wednesday||8:30am-5:00pm||Building a Financial Model (Of a Company)||L1020||FT, AMPM, MFin23, MFin24, MFRM, GEMBA-HLS||Registration Link (closed on Sunday, January 15, 2023 @ 11:00pm)|
|January 21, 2023||Saturday||8:30am-5:00pm||Merger Modeling||127||FT, AMPM, MMA, MFRM, GEMBA-HLS||Registration Link (closed on Wednesday, January 18, 2023 @ 12:00pm NOON)|
|February 4, 2023||Saturday||8:30am-5:00pm||VBA Macros||127||FT, AMPM, MMA, MFRM, GEMBA-HLS||Registration Link (closes on Wednesday, February 1, 2023 @ 12:00pm NOON)|
|February 8, 2023||Wednesday||8:30am-5:00pm||Power BI Desktop (Introductory Course)||ONLINE||FT, AMPM, MFin23, MFin24, MFRM, GEMBA-HLS||Registration Link (closes on Monday, February 6, 2023 @ 9:00am)|
|March 4, 2023||Saturday||8:30am-5:00pm||Python 1: Core Data Analysis (For Business and Finance Professionals)|
***This workshop is NOT the pre-requisite Python for Business Module Course.***
|L1020||FT, AMPM, MFin23, MFin24, MMA, MFRM, GEMBA-HLS||TBA|
|March 11, 2023||Saturday||8:30am-5:00pm||Building a Financial Model (Infrastructure Portfolio Company)||L1025||FT, AMPM, MFin23, MMA, MFRM, GEMBA-HLS||TBA|
|March 18, 2023||Saturday||8:30am-5:00pm||Building a Financial Model (for a Real Estate Development Project)||L1020||FT, AMPM, MFin23, MFin24, MMA, MFRM, GEMBA-HLS||TBA|
|March 25, 2023||Saturday||8:30am-5:00pm||Capital Structure Modeling (Building an LBO Model)||133||FT, AMPM, MFin23, MMA, MFRM, GEMBA-HLS||TBA|