Wasserman Media Group is a global sports, entertainment and lifestyle company that creates connections between brands, properties, talent and consumers. Since 1997, our Consulting team has combined the industry’s most experienced thought leadership with comprehensive marketing services capabilities to deliver innovative programs for some of the world’s leading brands and properties. We provide a range of services from overall sponsorship strategy, negotiation and activation to valuation, content creation, and digital advisory services. Our global reach provides the market intelligence necessary to navigate the sports and entertainment landscapes at local, national and international levels, and the ability to recognize potential opportunities for activating these markets to grow businesses and brands.
The Opportunity: Spring 2016 Internship
In order to support our rapid growth, Wasserman Consulting has built a robust academic internship program designed to introduce aspiring sports and entertainment business professionals to the industry and our company. As part of this program, interns will have an opportunity to acquire broad exposure across several of our teams and functions while being integrated into the day-to-day fabric of one of these groups. Interns will be provided with regular, formal feedback on their performance.
• Assist with evaluations of new marketing opportunities, sponsorship strategy and portfolio management, brand integration, measurement and ROI analysis and creative development
• Complete one, long-term, mentored project lasting the duration of the internship – topic to be assigned by Wasserman
• Conduct research on potential clients to help support new business efforts
• Assist department as necessary with special projects or tasks that are both short and long term
• Assists as necessary with the maintenance of client relationships
• Performs various departmental support tasks
• Graduate degree currently in progress
• Must be eligible to receive academic credit for this internship
• Ability to utilize a fact-based, hypothesis driven approach to problem solving
• Well-developed communication, organizational, time management, and administrative skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities with deadlines
• Articulate, excellent communication and diplomacy skills to resolve client issues
• Strong attention to detail and highly organized
• Ability to build strong and lasting relationships
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
• Passion for sports and entertainment, and the business of those industries
• Minimum 15 hour weekly commitment
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to TORinternships@wmgllc.com by Fri, Nov 6.