RNI is thrilled to bring the MBA Impact Investing Network & Training (MIINT) program to Rotman, adding our name to a short list of some of the world’s top business schools!
MIINT is an experimental learning initiative that engages MBA students to learn more about impact investing through online learning, industry advisors, and exclusive industry networking and career trek opportunities. Teams will select an organization creating social impact, that they will analyze further through the academic year, and eventually pitch for funding.
This year’s program starts in September 2017 and culminates in April 2018 with a competition at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School in Philadelphia, with teams from all participating MBA programs. MIINT is an initiative of the Bridges Impact Foundation in collaboration with the Wharton Social Impact Initiative. RNI is bringing MIINT to Rotman with support from the Michael Lee-Chin Family Institute for Corporate Citizenship.
- Wednesday, September 13th, 5-6 PM: Information session in Room 1065 (Rotman South Building).
- Monday, September 18th, 11:59 PM: Application deadline
- September 3rd and 4th weeks: Interviews & Rotman MIINT team selection
- October onwards: Rotman MIINT team selected and works towards deliverables.
- April 2018: final competition at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
- This initiative is open to both first and second year students.
- This is a significant extra-curricular activity that runs from September 2017 to April 2018. You will complete online modules and meet regularly with your team to work through the phases of curriculum that prepare you for the final competition.
- Students accepted are responsible for the financial costs of traveling to Philadelphia in April 2018. Students can request some funding from PSO, but the remaining expenses will be the responsibility of the individual student.
- Both Net Impact and non-Net Impact members are welcome to apply.
Applications for MIINT are now closed.
Send your resume and cover letter (with responses to the questions below) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 18th by 11:59 PM. If you finish your application sooner, please submit it sooner. Please make sure you address these questions in your cover letter:
- Why is this opportunity important to you?
- What experiences do you have with impact investing (or related social or environmental impact/innovative finance)?
- What can you bring to the team that is unique?
- What are your current/expected course load (# of classes per term) and any other projects, case competitions, experiential learning activities, extracurricular activities, leadership roles, jobs, etc. you have in the upcoming academic year?
For more info:
Please visit the MIINT website where you can learn more about the program. Please fill out this very brief form or email email@example.com if you have any questions or are considering applying (this is for informational purposes and non-binding). We are excited to hear from you and to launch this initiative at Rotman!