GettingItDone is a hands-on leadership course that teaches students the essentials of leadership. GettingItDone is all about execution!
Students will experience the GettingItDone Comprehensive Framework for Success (CFFS), a proven approach to executing your vision and delivering results effectively, which is used by all types of organizations, from Fortune 500 to high-tech start-ups, not-for-profits, boards, and government institutions.
During the course, in teams, students will get to work through 30 proven leadership tools that comprise the GettingItDone CFFS, and its tools are designed to help you make immediate and effective changes in any work situation.
Please note that this is a “doing” course and not a “memorizing” course, and you will get to set yourself up for the results you want to achieve at your workplace going forward.
The course is designed for soon-to-be MBA graduates to prepare them for when they are in leadership positions.
The GettingItDone CFFS is based on the works of Peter F. Drucker, Bill Reddin, Roger L. Martin, and Michael Kami. The Framework is built around four integrative frameworks:
1. Focus and Direction,
3. Execution, and
4. Transformational Leadership.
Students will be responsible for completing both team- and individual-based assignments in class. They will be part of a team that will work on a business simulation where they can practise using the GettingItDone Tools.
The course faculty has extensive experience leading and consulting with organizations using tools that will be taught in class. They will not only share this experience in class but will also make themselves available for one-on-one coaching.
The course also includes sessions with GettingItDone practitioners, who will come in and share their experiences with the class.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Students will learn/implement a proven Comprehensive Framework for Success that incorporates Purpose, Values & Culture, Focus and Direction, Alignment, Execution, and Transformational Leadership.
2. Students will get proven tools that will enhance their Personal Effectiveness.
3. Students will get proven tools to increase their Team’s Effectiveness.
4. Students will get proven tools to achieve their desired Organizational Results.
5. During the course, Participants will experience and practice these tools in teams.
6. Graduates will be more effective leaders in the real world.