ROMA’s vision is to help students explore exciting opportunities in Operations Management across various industries and functions, network with industry professionals, and accelerate their career.
ROMA’s mission is to empower MBA students with thorough understanding and tools of Operations Management with a general management focus to be successful in any and all career opportunities. The club’s objective is to provide the foundation for club members to learn about Operations Consulting, Operations Research, Operations Strategy and Supply Chain Management (SCM) through speaker series, company visits and operations-based simulation games.
ROMA organizes many networking and recruitment opportunities for 1st and 2nd year students with industry professionals through events and activities like Industry Panels, Dinner and Learns, and Industry Visits to establish a strong foundation for future success.
Our members benefit from exclusive access to the following events:
- Operations Industry Night with professionals of different industries. Perfect night for networking
- Operations Industry Panels with professionals, including panels related to Consulting and Consumer Goods Products (CPG) industries
- Operations Case Competitions in partnership with a company looking to solve real problems. Walmart was ROMA’s partner for last year’s case competition
- Student Development activities such as Resume Clinics and mock interviews
- Lean Six Sigma Training sessions led and provided by senior consultants for students interested in pursuing a Six Sigma certification
- Industry Off-site Visits to different facilities. Last year visits included Amazon, HBC, and Mondelez
Join ROMA today to kick-start your career!
How to Join:
Membership is open to all Rotman MBA students. Incoming students can sign-up through the clubs signup page in the My Program page of R-World during the clubs fair, or throughout the year by contacting the club executives at RotmanOMA@rotman.utoronto.ca
- Your professionalism is essential to maintain a positive reputation for Rotman students.
- Attendance is mandatory once you have registered for an event.
- If you cannot attend an event you registered for, you must give ROMA a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- If you are late for an event, you will not be allowed to participate.
- You will be asked to leave an event if your conduct is unprofessional.
- Students who miss, are late for, or are asked to leave an event will receive a strike; students with two strikes will not be permitted to register for the following two events.
- It is your responsibility to find a ROMA rep with a sign-in sheet to confirm you are at an event; students who do not sign in will receive a strike.